1. Are You Licensed By The DMV?
Yes. We are licensed and audited by the California DMV. Our license number is 0543. You can see our license on the DMV website by clicking here.
2. Which Courts Accept Your Certificate?
All California courts, all Federal courts and some out of state courts accept our traffic school certificate.
If your ticket is from out of state, you must get that court's approval to take our California traffic school. If you have a Federal or an out of state ticket, you must print out the certificate we email you and send it to the court. We only send certificates to California courts.
3. How Long Does The Course Take?
Because there are no timers to slow you down, and our course meets the DMV's minimum length, you finish the course as fast as you can read. On average people finish in 4 to 5 hours or faster. The course meets the requirements for an 8 hour California DMV licensed course and is accepted by All California traffic courts.
4. Can I Stop and Start the Course?
Yes. You can start and stop the course as many times as you’d like. Your progress is automatically saved. The final test is the only part of the course which you must take all at once. You have 60 minutes to answer all 25 multiple-choice questions.
5. How Do I Know If I'm Approved To Take Traffic School?
You will receive a courtesy letter from the court approximately 2 or 3 weeks after you get your ticket. This letter will inform you if you are court-approved to take traffic school and when your traffic school due date is.
Letters from the court are poorly written. If you see an additional court fee for Traffic School Administration it means you are approved to take traffic school. Note that this fee is for the court to process the certificate we send them after you pass. It does not include our traffic school course fee.
If your letter does not mention traffic school, your ticket may not be eligible for traffic school (i.e., took traffic school within the past 18 months, excessive speed, fix it ticket, seat belt, texting, insurance, carpool lane violations). Contact the court to find out if you are eligible.
6. How Many Chances Do I Get To Pass The Final Test?
You have 2 chances to pass the final test of 25 multiple choice questions with a score of 70% or more. This means you can miss 7 questions and still pass. Over 99% of people pass.
If you don’t pass, the DMV requires you to retake the course and the final test. We email you a promotion code for a free course retake.
7. Do I Pay The Court First?
We recommend that you pay the court their traffic school administration fee and the bail amount due on your ticket first. This ensures nothing stops the court from processing your certificate once they receive it and it doesn’t get lost in their system.
Be certain to pay the court's traffic school administration fee! Non-payment of this fee is the #1 reason why courts reject certificates. This does not cover the cost of our traffic school course
8. When Does the Court Receive My Certificate?
Our standard price includes 3 business day processing. Example: You pass on Monday at 4:00 p.m. California time. We guarantee to send your certificate to the DMV and court by Wednesday.
If you purchase the optional Express Same Day Processing upgrade, we send your certificate to the court that same business day you finish. You must pass the course by 4:30 California time.
9. What Happens After I Pass The Final?
After you pass, you are emailed a copy of your certificate (free). We then electronically send your certificate to the DMV and court within 3 business days (standard processing), or the same business day if you have purchased the optional Express processing.
Certificate Processing Steps:
1) We electronically send your certificate to the California DMV/Court Central Traffic School Database.
2) A court administrator from your court downloads your certificate from the central database to their local database; this is when your certificate shows up in a local court system. This can take one day or a few weeks.
3) The court administrator determines if you have met all of their requirements to have your ticket dismissed (paid all fines, met due date, approved to take traffic school, etc.).
4) If you have met all of the court requirements, they electronically inform the DMV to mask your ticket and not show it on your public driving record.
5) If the court rejects your certificate, they may or may not inform you or us! We do not have access to this private information and is why we recommend you follow-up with the court 30 days after you pass (look on the court's website or call) to ensure they have processed your certificate and have masked your ticket on your driving record.
10. Can I Take Traffic School If I Have A Commercial Driver's License?
Yes. You can take traffic school but the point will still appear on your driving record. The point will not, however, count towards your total negligent operator point count. Once you complete traffic school, you are responsible for contacting the DMV Driver Safety Unit at (916) 657-6452. This is required so that the DMV does not assess the point against your record.
11. I Received My Ticket From Out of State. Can I Take Your Traffic School?
If you have a California driver’s license but received your ticket while driving in another state, you must contact that court and find out if they will accept a certificate from a California traffic school. If they do, you will need to print out your certificate after it is emailed to you and send it to the court. We only electronically send certificates to California courts.
12. How Many Chapters Are There?
Our course meets the DMV’s minimum course length requirement and is broken into 12 chapters. All DMV online courses must be at least 42,500 words long. Don’t be fooled by traffic schools with fewer chapters! It’s a gimmick to fool you.
13. Traffic School Certificate Due Date Information
Your traffic school due date will be stated in the letter you receive from the court. If it is not stated in the letter, you may not be eligible to take traffic school. Check with the court.
Some courts require that you pass traffic school by their due date. Other courts require that they receive your certificate by their due date. Your due date information is in the letter you received from the court.
If you're past the due date, the court will reject your certificate. If you are less than 30 days late, you can sometimes request an extension from the court.
Court and DMV processing time are not counted towards your traffic school due date
14. I’m In A Rush. Do You Send Certificates To The Court The Same Day?
Yes. Our optional Same Business Day Express upgrade sends your certificate to the DMV the same day. You must pass by 4:30 p.m. California time (Monday - Friday).
15. How Do I Know My Certificate Has Been Sent To The DMV And court?
Once you receive your completion certificate, you have our guarantee that it will be electronically sent to the DMV and court with 3 business days (the same business day if you’ve purchased the optional Express Processing upgrade). You can also purchase the optional Date Certificate was sent upgrade that notifies you when we send your certificate.
16. How Long Does It Take For The Court To Close My Ticket?
The court receives your certificate the same day we electronically send it to them. It is time and date stamped by the court. This date along with the date you completed traffic school lets the court know if you have met their traffic school deadline requirement.
Once the court receives your certificate in their main database, each local court must have a court administrator download it for your certificate to show-up in their system. Depending on how backlogged the court is, this can take a few days to a few weeks.
Do not expect your certificate to show up immediately as the court system can be 30 years old! We recommend that you follow-up with the court 30 days after you have passed traffic school to be certain the court has processed your certificate.
17. Do I Need To Send Or Bring My Certificate To The Court?
We send your certificate to the court electronically so you do not need to send it to the court. In addition, the court will only accept the electronic version we send them as official proof.
If your ticket is from an out of state or a federal court you will need to print out the certificate we email you and send it to the court.
18. Top Reasons For The Court Rejecting A Person's Certificate
They take traffic school without being court approved
They do not pay the court’s traffic school administration fee
They do not pay the ticket bail amount due to the court
They enter incorrect information on their registration form
19. How Many Times Can I Take Traffic School?
In general, you are only allowed to take traffic school once every 18 months for a one-point violation. You must be court-approved to take traffic school.
If you took our traffic school close to 18 months ago, your email might still be associated with your last certificate. In this case, you will need to use a different email address from the one you used previously to register.
20. When Can I Take the Course?
You can start taking the course after you finish registering. You have access 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. You can stop and start the course as many times as you need. Your progress is automatically saved.
SIGN UP NOW Instructions